Membership of the BCTG allows access to discounted training and fully funded training places, where available, providing the following points are adhered to:
1. All training group member companies must be Construction Industry Training Board (CITB) registered and new members must provide their CITB registration number when joining.
2. An annual general meeting is held in spring and an ordinary general meeting in autumn every year. We ask for representation from each member company to attend at least one of these meetings which will be a pre-requisite to access any free or discounted training through the £25k funding initiative.
3. Annual membership fee of £50 to be paid in accordance with terms on invoice. If the membership is not paid promptly then the company may not benefit from discounted or funded training places and may be removed from the members list at a later date.
4. Payment for all training attended to be paid in accordance with terms on invoice i.e. 30 days. Reminder letters will be sent out by Treasurer at 30, 60 and 90 day periods. Failure to pay an invoice may result in membership being withdrawn. (Note that any training certificates or associated scheme cards will not be issued until full payment of the invoice is received)
5. For member companies to take advantage of any free training places from the CITB £25k funding initiative there must be no overdue invoices outstanding against the member company.
6. Sufficient cancellation notice must be given for course bookings or charges will be incurred as follows:
More than 7 days notice – no charge
3 – 5 days notice – 50% of the cost
Less than 3 days notice – full cost of the course will be charged.
7. Failure to attend free courses with no notification being given will result in the member company not being able to access any future free training places for the rest of the year.